Bacon Broccoli Quiche Recipe
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and patted dry
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Whisk in eggs, one at a time. Stir in the milk, broccoli, bacon, mushrooms and cheese.
- 2. Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Pour broccoli mixture into crust. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 471 calories, 36 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 843 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.