Bacon-Broccoli Quiche Cups Recipe
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 1/4 cup small fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Pour off drippings, reserving 2 teaspoons in pan.
- 2. Add broccoli and onion to drippings; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, parsley, seasoned salt and pepper until blended. Stir in cheese, tomato, bacon and broccoli mixture.
Divide mixture evenly between two 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray. Bake 22-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Freeze option: Securely cover and freeze unbaked quiche cups. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 400°. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary for a knife inserted near the center to come out clean. Cover loosely with foil if tops brown too quickly. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving: 302 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 314mg cholesterol, 597mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein
Reviews for Bacon-Broccoli Quiche Cups
"I calculated 4 points on Weight Watchers using egg substitute. I will also use turkey sausage because I happen to like it. 45 pounds gone so far!!"
"I don't like that the recipe calls for 3 eggs but the nutrition was calculated using egg substitute, I don't use substitute. Otherwise the flavor was very good. Next time I may substitute 3 egg whites for one whole egg."
"We are on South Beach diet and substituted turkey sausage instead of bacon, this quiche recipe is amazing."
"My mom loves this recipe! It doesn't have the carbs that most Quiches have so she can eat it without feeling guilty."