Chock-full of veggies and melted cheese, this comforting and colorful egg bake has become a holiday brunch classic. For a tasty variation, try substituting asparagus for broccoli and Swiss for cheddar cheese. —Irene Steinmeyer, Denver, Colorado
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 1/4 cup small fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Pour off drippings, reserving 2 teaspoons in pan.
- Add broccoli and onion to drippings; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, parsley, seasoned salt and pepper until blended. Stir in cheese, tomato, bacon and broccoli mixture.
Divide mixture evenly between two 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray. Bake 22-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Freeze option: Securely cover and freeze unbaked quiche cups. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 400°. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary for a knife inserted near the center to come out clean. Cover loosely with foil if tops brown too quickly. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Broccoli Quiche Cups in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p16
Reviews for Bacon-Broccoli Quiche Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review