Meet the Cook: Needing a quick appetizer one night when dinner was running late, I combined a few leftovers into this easy cheese ball. For variety, you can shape it into a log, or substitute favorite herbs for the pepper. My husband and I are the proud parents of two children, Kenton, 6, and Katie, 4. -Tamara Rickard, Bartlett, Tennessee
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli florets
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, cheddar cheese and pepper until blended. Stir in broccoli. Shape into a ball and roll in bacon. Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Bacon-Broccoli Cheese Ball in Country Woman July/August 1999, p29
Reviews for Bacon-Broccoli Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review