- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli florets
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, cheddar cheese and pepper until blended. Stir in broccoli. Shape into a ball and roll in bacon. Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Bacon-Broccoli Cheese Ball
"A good go to recipe. Has a really good taste & was liked by everyone. The broccoli was a nice change."
"I brought this to an office party and within 30 mins it was completely gone. I did spice it up a bit, I added 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 tsp season salt, and 3 strips of bacon."
"I doubled the recipe for a party with 20 people, and it was almost all gone! I substituted garlic powder for the pepper, and it was delicious. My guests were excited that it was rolled in bacon instead of nuts"
"Super easy and always a crowd pleaser"
"I used 3/4 tsp. fresh ground garlic pepper instead and also as others had suggested added the bacon to the cheese ball, then rolled it in parsley before serving. AWESOME!!!!"
"This, along with the Holiday Cheese Ball, was my first time making a cheese ball. It was devoured within 45 minutes of putting it on the table."
"I like to grate cheddar cheese because it mixes into the cream cheese better. I also just mix the bacon pieces into the ball, that way every one gets bacon with their cheese."
"I made this as one on my appetizers for a large group. it was very good. Most cheese balls are rolled in nuts preventing allergy sufferers from having some. This was great because these people could actually enjoy this appetizer. I would recommend it to others."
"I served this with 2 other appetizers so it didn't get all eaten but it was over half gone. I did steam the broccoli first just because I prefer the flavor of cooked to raw. I also added some Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning and paprika just to add a little spice. Otherwise, this was good. I'll make it again sometime but not as a 'go-to'."