Old-school grilled cheese has its place, but my version stacks spinach, apple and Brie on pumpernickel. For a more compact sandwich, press a heavy pan on it while toasting. —George Wilkins, Mays Landing, New Jersey
Featured In: Our Most Gooey Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Ever
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 8 cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper until blended. Add spinach; toss to coat.
- Place half of the cheese on four bread slices. Layer with bacon, spinach mixture, apple and remaining cheese. Top with remaining bread; brush outsides of sandwiches with remaining oil.
- In a large skillet or grill pan, toast sandwiches over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Brie Grilled Cheese in Simple & Delicious August/September 2015
Reviews for Bacon Brie Grilled Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2016
"I love it when I'm served food that is simple and delicious. DH made these sandwiches for our Sunday supper. I greatly enjoyed the creamy brie sandwiched between slices of Gala apple and crisp bacon."