Bacon Breakfast Sandwiches Recipe
This recipe is a standby when I need to make dinner in a snap. Our five children eat these sandwiches eagerly without complaint and agree they're better than any fast-food variety.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and drained
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices American cheese
- Additional minced chives, optional
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter. Beat the eggs, chives, water, salt and pepper; pour into skillet. Cook and stir gently until eggs are set.
- 2. Top each muffin half with eggs, bacon, tomato and cheese. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 2-3 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with chives if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
2 sandwich halves equal 607 calories, 36 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 493 mg cholesterol, 1,819 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC