Bacon Breakfast Cups Recipe
My son joked about adding bacon to cupcakes. I made bacon cups the next morning. The look on his face was priceless. — Karen Burkett, Reseda, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Broil: 5 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 18 turkey bacon strips, cut in half
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Chopped green onion and fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Line 12 alternating cups in a mini-muffin pan with bacon pieces, crisscrossing three strips in each so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Loosely crumple twelve 3-in. strips of aluminum foil into balls; place in cups to keep bacon from sliding. Bake 15-20 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook potatoes according to package directions. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. In a small skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains.
- 3. Transfer bacon cups to a baking sheet; remove foil. Spoon hash browns and scrambled eggs into cups; sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with green onion and parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
2 breakfast cups equals 85 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 331 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC