Bacon Breakfast Cookies
"I tried this recipe when I was a 4-H leader," jots Louise Gangwish of Shelton, Nebraska. "Before morning chores, the young members would grab a glass of milk or juice and a handful of these crisp cookies." Chock-full of bacon, cornflakes and raisins, they're a handy breakfast on the go.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed
- mixture. Stir in bacon, cornflakes and raisins.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 225 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.