Bacon-Blue Cheese Stuffed Burgers Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 romaine leaves
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1. Shape beef into eight thin patties. Combine the cream cheese, blue cheese and bacon bits; spoon onto the center of four patties. Top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal. Combine the salt, garlic powder and pepper; sprinkle over patties.
- 2. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Stir in water and mustard.
- 4. Serve burgers on buns with mayonnaise, romaine, tomato and mushroom mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger equals 701 calories, 43 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 149 mg cholesterol, 1,280 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 48 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.