These loaded burgers are one hearty meal in a bun. They're sure to satisfy the biggest appetites. —Christine Keating, Norwalk, California
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 romaine leaves
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- Shape beef into eight thin patties. Combine the cream cheese, blue cheese and bacon bits; spoon onto the center of four patties. Top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal. Combine the salt, garlic powder and pepper; sprinkle over patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Stir in water and mustard.
- Serve burgers on buns with mayonnaise, romaine, tomato and mushroom mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Blue Cheese Stuffed Burgers in Taste of Home August/September 2010, p32
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Bacon-Blue Cheese Stuffed Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review