Bacon-Blue Cheese Stuffed Burgers for Two Recipe
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 romaine leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- 1. Shape beef into four thin patties. Combine the cream cheese, blue cheese and bacon bits; spoon onto the center of two patties. Top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal. Combine the salt, garlic powder and pepper; sprinkle over patties.
- 2. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Stir in water and mustard.
- 4. Serve burgers on buns with mayonnaise, romaine, tomato and mushroom mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 stuffed burger equals 675 calories, 40 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 140 mg cholesterol, 1,308 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 48 g protein.
Reviews for Bacon-Blue Cheese Stuffed Burgers for Two
"Yum, yum! Delish! The burgers were very flavorful & juicy. My hubby & I really enjoyed them."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.