- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 romaine leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- Shape beef into four thin patties. Combine the cream cheese, blue cheese and bacon bits; spoon onto the center of two patties. Top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal. Combine the salt, garlic powder and pepper; sprinkle over patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Stir in water and mustard.
- Serve burgers on buns with mayonnaise, romaine, tomato and mushroom mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Blue Cheese Stuffed Burgers for Two in Taste of Home
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Bacon-Blue Cheese Stuffed Burgers for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2011
Yum, yum! Delish! The burgers were very flavorful & juicy. My hubby & I really enjoyed them.