Bacon Blue Cheese Mushroom Spinach Salad Recipe
I had this salad at a restaurant one night and couldn't stop raving about it. The updated dressing nicely coats the lettuce, while bacon, mushrooms, blue cheese, walnuts and eggs add extra interest.—Dolores Brigham, Inglewood, California
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Saute mushrooms and onion in drippings. Stir in vinegar.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, walnuts, cheese and bacon; toss with mushroom mixture. Top with egg slices. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 122 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Bacon Blue Cheese Mushroom Spinach Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC