Bacon Blue Cheese Mushroom Spinach Salad
I had this salad at a restaurant one night and couldn't stop raving about it. The updated dressing nicely coats the lettuce, while bacon, mushrooms, blue cheese, walnuts and eggs add extra interest.—Dolores Brigham, Inglewood, California
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a
- slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Saute mushrooms and
- onion in drippings. Stir in vinegar.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, walnuts, cheese and bacon; toss
- with mushroom mixture. Top with egg slices. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 122 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.