I had this salad at a restaurant one night and couldn't stop raving about it. The updated dressing nicely coats the lettuce, while bacon, mushrooms, blue cheese, walnuts and eggs add extra interest.—Dolores Brigham, Inglewood, California
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Saute mushrooms and onion in drippings. Stir in vinegar.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, walnuts, cheese and bacon; toss with mushroom mixture. Top with egg slices. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Spinach Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p22
Reviews for Bacon Blue Cheese Mushroom Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review