I had this salad at a restaurant one night and couldn't stop raving about it. The updated dressing nicely coats the lettuce, while bacon, mushrooms, blue cheese, walnuts and eggs add extra interest.—Dolores Brigham, Inglewood, California
Recommended: 30 Beef Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Saute mushrooms and onion in drippings. Stir in vinegar.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, walnuts, cheese and bacon; toss with mushroom mixture. Top with egg slices. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Spinach Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p22
Reviews for Bacon Blue Cheese Mushroom Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review