Bacon Blue Cheese Artichoke Tossed Salad Recipe
It's a cinch to mix this zesty salad together for a potluck. "It'll feed a crowd and then some," attests Karin Graw from Hudson, Wisconsin. "For a lighter version, I use less oil and a sugar substitute for the dressing and toss in turkey bacon. Either way, it tastes great."
- 2 bunches (1 pound each) romaine, torn
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, sliced
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and refrigerate. In a blender or food processor, combine the vinegar, onion, brown sugar, mustard, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. With blender running, add oil in a steady stream; blend until thickened. Drizzle over salad; toss gently. Serve immediately. Yield: 20-24 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 94 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC