It's a cinch to mix this zesty salad together for a potluck. "It'll feed a crowd and then some," attests Karin Graw from Hudson, Wisconsin. "For a lighter version, I use less oil and a sugar substitute for the dressing and toss in turkey bacon. Either way, it tastes great."
- 2 bunches (1 pound each) romaine, torn
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, sliced
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and refrigerate. In a blender or food processor, combine the vinegar, onion, brown sugar, mustard, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. With blender running, add oil in a steady stream; blend until thickened. Drizzle over salad; toss gently. Serve immediately. Yield: 20-24 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Tossed Salad in Country Woman September/October 2000, p40
Reviews for Bacon Blue Cheese Artichoke Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review