Bacon Blue Cheese Artichoke Tossed Salad Recipe
- 2 bunches (1 pound each) romaine, torn
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, sliced
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and refrigerate. In a blender or food processor, combine the vinegar, onion, brown sugar, mustard, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. With blender running, add oil in a steady stream; blend until thickened. Drizzle over salad; toss gently. Serve immediately. Yield: 20-24 servings.
Reviews for Bacon Blue Cheese Artichoke Tossed Salad
Sort By :
"I made some significant changes. 1. I didn't have any onion or peppers in the house, so none ended up in the salad, 2. I don't like any sugar or sugar substitutes if I can avoid them, so I just left them out, 3. I had a can of black olives I threw it in, 4. Finally, instead of oil I used a bit of the marinade that artichokes were in. It is fairly good. I agree that it serves more like 10-12 than 20-24 unless we're talking about small small tastes."
"Great salad but it doesn't served anywhere near the 20-24. I halved the recipe for 5 of us and it could have served 6. Easy to make and good flavor."