Bacon Biscuit Wreath
A Girl Scout leader in Denham Springs, Louisiana, Kathy Kirkland showed her troop how to make this pretty golden wreath. "The girls (and even some of their parents) enjoyed making and sampling the cheesy party appetizer. It's a snap to prepare with cheese spread and convenient refrigerated biscuits."
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 jar (5 ounces) sharp American cheese spread
- 3 tablespoons butter-flavored shortening
- 1 tube (12 ounces) flaky biscuits
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small saucepan, melt the cheese spread and shortening; stir
- until blended. Pour into a well-greased 6-cup oven-proof ring mold
- or 9-in. fluted tube pan. Cut each biscuits into quarters and place
- over cheese mixture. Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until
- golden brown. Immediately invert pan onto a serving platter and
- remove. Sprinkle with bacon and parsley. Serve warm. Yield: 10