Bacon Biscuit Wreath Recipe
- 1 jar (5 ounces) sharp American cheese spread
- 3 tablespoons butter-flavored shortening
- 1 tube (12 ounces) flaky biscuits
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt the cheese spread and shortening; stir until blended. Pour into a well-greased 6-cup oven-proof ring mold or 9-in. fluted tube pan. Cut each biscuits into quarters and place over cheese mixture. Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert pan onto a serving platter and remove. Sprinkle with bacon and parsley. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 170 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 562mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Bacon Biscuit Wreath
"looks great~ and sounds really yummy..be good when having company quick do upfancy.. ty"
"Lower the fat content by eliminating the butter flavored shortening and melting low fat Velveeta to drizzle over the baked ring after it cools slightly."
"Sounds good.....BUT the fat content is thru the roof !!!!!"