A Girl Scout leader in Denham Springs, Louisiana, Kathy Kirkland showed her troop how to make this pretty golden wreath. "The girls (and even some of their parents) enjoyed making and sampling the cheesy party appetizer. It's a snap to prepare with cheese spread and convenient refrigerated biscuits."
- 1 jar (5 ounces) sharp American cheese spread
- 3 tablespoons butter-flavored shortening
- 1 tube (12 ounces) flaky biscuits
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small saucepan, melt the cheese spread and shortening; stir until blended. Pour into a well-greased 6-cup oven-proof ring mold or 9-in. fluted tube pan. Cut each biscuits into quarters and place over cheese mixture. Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert pan onto a serving platter and remove. Sprinkle with bacon and parsley. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Biscuit Wreath in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p40
Reviews for Bacon Biscuit Wreath
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review