Bacon Bean Stalks Recipe
You'll need just three ingredients to assemble this fun fall side dish. Wax beans are bundled with bacon strips to look like shocks of cornstalks.
- 1 pound fresh wax or green beans
- 6 bacon strips
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon until partially cooked, about 3 minutes; drain on paper towels.
- 3. Drain beans; place about 12 beans on each bacon strip. Position one end of beans so they are nearly even; cut about 1/4 in. from that end so stalks will stand when served. Wrap bacon strip around beans; secure with a toothpick.
- 4. Lay stalks flat on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with onion powder. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 60 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC