Bacon Bean Stalks Recipe
You'll need just three ingredients to assemble this fun fall side dish. Wax beans are bundled with bacon strips to look like shocks of cornstalks.
- 1 pound fresh wax or green beans
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon until partially cooked, about 3 minutes; drain on paper towels.
- 3. Drain beans; place about 12 beans on each bacon strip. Position one end of beans so they are nearly even; cut about 1/4 in. from that end so stalks will stand when served. Wrap bacon strip around beans; secure with a toothpick.
- 4. Lay stalks flat on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with onion powder. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 60 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Bacon Bean Stalks
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2010
"Mine fell over... but they tasted really good!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC