You'll need just three ingredients to assemble this fun fall side dish. Wax beans are bundled with bacon strips to look like shocks of cornstalks.
- 1 pound fresh wax or green beans
- 6 bacon strips
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon until partially cooked, about 3 minutes; drain on paper towels.
- Drain beans; place about 12 beans on each bacon strip. Position one end of beans so they are nearly even; cut about 1/4 in. from that end so stalks will stand when served. Wrap bacon strip around beans; secure with a toothpick.
- Lay stalks flat on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with onion powder. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Bean Stalks in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p39
Reviews for Bacon Bean Stalks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2010
"Mine fell over... but they tasted really good!"