Bacon Bean Sandwiches Recipe
- 5 slices bread, lightly toasted
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and drained
- 4 slices onion, separated into rings
- 5 slices process American cheese
- 1. Place toast on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread each slice with 3 tablespoons beans. Top each with two bacon strips, a few onion rings and a cheese slice. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Yield: 5 servings.
1 each: 284 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 883mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein
Reviews for Bacon Bean Sandwiches
"I made something similar to this for my kids. I spread the beans, tipped it with a split hotdog, tomato and cheese and put it under the broiler."