Bacon Bean Sandwiches
"My mother-in-law first shared this scrumptious open-face sandwich with us, and it's now a favorite around our house," notes Dorothy Klass of Tabor City, North Carolina. "The flavors of the bacon, beans, onion and cheese complement each other wonderfully!"
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 slices bread, lightly toasted
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and drained
- 4 slices onion, separated into rings
- 5 slices process American cheese
- Place toast on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread each slice with 3
- tablespoons beans. Top each with two bacon strips, a few onion rings
- and a cheese slice. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until
- cheese is melted and lightly browned. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 284 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 883 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein.