Bacon Bean Sandwiches Recipe
- 5 slices bread, lightly toasted
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and drained
- 4 slices onion, separated into rings
- 5 slices process American cheese
- 1. Place toast on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread each slice with 3 tablespoons beans. Top each with two bacon strips, a few onion rings and a cheese slice. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Yield: 5 servings.
1 each: 284 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 883mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein .
Reviews for Bacon Bean Sandwiches
"I made something similar to this for my kids. I spread the beans, tipped it with a split hotdog, tomato and cheese and put it under the broiler."