"My mother-in-law first shared this scrumptious open-face sandwich with us, and it's now a favorite around our house," notes Dorothy Klass of Tabor City, North Carolina. "The flavors of the bacon, beans, onion and cheese complement each other wonderfully!"
- 5 slices bread, lightly toasted
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and drained
- 4 slices onion, separated into rings
- 5 slices process American cheese
- Place toast on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread each slice with 3 tablespoons beans. Top each with two bacon strips, a few onion rings and a cheese slice. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Bean Sandwiches in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p40
Reviews for Bacon Bean Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2010
"I made something similar to this for my kids. I spread the beans, tipped it with a split hotdog, tomato and cheese and put it under the broiler."