"My mother-in-law first shared this scrumptious open-face sandwich with us, and it's now a favorite around our house," notes Dorothy Klass of Tabor City, North Carolina. "The flavors of the bacon, beans, onion and cheese complement each other wonderfully!"
- 5 slices bread, lightly toasted
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and drained
- 4 slices onion, separated into rings
- 5 slices process American cheese
- Place toast on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread each slice with 3 tablespoons beans. Top each with two bacon strips, a few onion rings and a cheese slice. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Bean Sandwiches in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p40
Reviews for Bacon Bean Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2010
"I made something similar to this for my kids. I spread the beans, tipped it with a split hotdog, tomato and cheese and put it under the broiler."