Bacon Bean Bundles
At Connie Burke's home in Gaithersburg, Maryland, this colorful side takes the place of green bean casserole for special dinners. “It's quick to fix, goes with a variety of meats and tastes great,” Connie says.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 16 whole fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 bacon strip, cut in half
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Place beans in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil; cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until
- partially cooked but not crisp, about 3 minutes. Remove to paper
- towels to drain.
- Drain beans; place eight beans on each piece of bacon. Wrap bacon
- around beans and secure with a toothpick. Place in an ungreased
- shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with garlic, salt and pepper; dot with
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until bacon is
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bundle equals 68 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 387 mg sodium,