Bacon Bean Bundles Recipe
- 16 whole fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 bacon strip, cut in half
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1. Place beans in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp, about 3 minutes. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- 2. Drain beans; place eight beans on each piece of bacon. Wrap bacon around beans and secure with a toothpick. Place in an ungreased shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with garlic, salt and pepper; dot with butter.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 68 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 387mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Bacon Bean Bundles
"Very tasty. I made these as part of my husband's Valentines Day dinner and he loved them. I would maybe double the recipe next time though because it seemed like such a small amount :)"
"We love this recipe in my home. My husband thought he didn't like green beans until he had them prepared this way."