At Connie Burke's home in Gaithersburg, Maryland, this colorful side takes the place of green bean casserole for special dinners. “It's quick to fix, goes with a variety of meats and tastes great,” Connie says.
- 16 whole fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 bacon strip, cut in half
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Place beans in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp, about 3 minutes. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Drain beans; place eight beans on each piece of bacon. Wrap bacon around beans and secure with a toothpick. Place in an ungreased shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with garlic, salt and pepper; dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Bean Bundles in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p23
Reviews for Bacon Bean Bundles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review