Bacon Avocado Quesadillas
Chock-full of bacon, mushrooms, tomato, cheese and avocado, these must-try mainstays come from Janet Lipner of Chicago, Illinois. Topped with salsa and sour cream, they're terrific!
2-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- saute mushrooms in the drippings.
- Spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Place two tortillas,
- buttered side down, on a griddle or skillet. Top with bacon,
- mushrooms, cheese, tomato and avocado. Cover with remaining
- tortillas, buttered side up.
- Cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and
- cook 1-2 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Cut into
- wedges. Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 2-4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 722 calories, 56 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 960 mg sodium,