Bacon Avocado Quesadillas Recipe
Chock-full of bacon, mushrooms, tomato, cheese and avocado, these must-try mainstays come from Janet Lipner of Chicago, Illinois. Topped with salsa and sour cream, they're terrific!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:2-4 servings
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. saute mushrooms in the drippings.
- 2. Spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Place two tortillas, buttered side down, on a griddle or skillet. Top with bacon, mushrooms, cheese, tomato and avocado. Cover with remaining tortillas, buttered side up.
- 3. Cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 2-4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 722 calories, 56 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 960 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC