Bacon Avocado Quesadillas Recipe
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. saute mushrooms in the drippings.
- 2. Spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Place two tortillas, buttered side down, on a griddle or skillet. Top with bacon, mushrooms, cheese, tomato and avocado. Cover with remaining tortillas, buttered side up.
- 3. Cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 2-4 servings.
1 each: 722 calories, 56g fat (25g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 960mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Bacon Avocado Quesadillas
"This was my first time making quesadillas. I learned that buttering the tortillas is what makes them so nice and crispy. The only trouble I had was flipping them over."