Chock-full of bacon, mushrooms, tomato, cheese and avocado, these must-try mainstays come from Janet Lipner of Chicago, Illinois. Topped with salsa and sour cream, they're terrific!
Recommended: 32 Addicting Avocado Recipes
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. saute mushrooms in the drippings.
- Spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Place two tortillas, buttered side down, on a griddle or skillet. Top with bacon, mushrooms, cheese, tomato and avocado. Cover with remaining tortillas, buttered side up.
- Cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Avocado Quesadillas in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p63
Reviews for Bacon Avocado Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2011
"This was my first time making quesadillas. I learned that buttering the tortillas is what makes them so nice and crispy. The only trouble I had was flipping them over."