Chock-full of bacon, mushrooms, tomato, cheese and avocado, these must-try mainstays come from Janet Lipner of Chicago, Illinois. Topped with salsa and sour cream, they're terrific!
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. saute mushrooms in the drippings.
- Spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Place two tortillas, buttered side down, on a griddle or skillet. Top with bacon, mushrooms, cheese, tomato and avocado. Cover with remaining tortillas, buttered side up.
- Cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Avocado Quesadillas in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p63
Reviews for Bacon Avocado Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2011
"This was my first time making quesadillas. I learned that buttering the tortillas is what makes them so nice and crispy. The only trouble I had was flipping them over."