Bacon Avocado Burritos Recipe
These hand-held breakfast bundles are quick to make and fun to take when you're on the go. The tortillas are dipped in beaten eggs, then cooked to give them color and flavor. I set our a variety of filling ingredients and toppings and let everyone assemble their own. —Cleo Gossett Ephrata, Washington
- 4 eggs
- 8 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green onions
- 1 package (1 pound) sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Salsa, ranch salad dressing or sour cream
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs. Dip one tortilla in eggs. In a large skillet, cook tortilla in oil on both sides just until egg sets. Remove and place between paper towels to drain; keep warm. Repeat with remaining tortillas, adding more oil if needed.
- Place the cheese, avocado, onions and bacon down the center of tortillas; top with salsa, salad dressing or sour cream. Fold ends and sides over filling and roll up. Filled burritos may be warmed in the microwave just before serving if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Avocado Burritos in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p29
Reviews for Bacon Avocado Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2010
"I loved this recipe it really was a filling breakfast"