Bacon-Apple Cider Biscuits Recipe
The sweet and salty flavors of apple and bacon make these special biscuits stand out. Be prepared to make more—they're gonna go fast! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 8 tablespoons cold butter, cubed, divided
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in 7 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add bacon. Stir in cider just until combined.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll into a 10-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 3. Cut into eight rectangles. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 biscuits.
1 biscuit equals 251 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 462 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC