- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 8 tablespoons cold butter, cubed, divided
- 5 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in 7 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add bacon. Stir in cider just until combined.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll into a 10-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cut into eight rectangles. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 biscuits.
Reviews for Bacon-Apple Cider Biscuits
"Following the recipe, mine tasted mostly of cinnamon. They also came out a bit "brick-like"; perhaps they should have baked for 10 - 12 minutes instead of 12 - 15? I will probably try these again but with more bacon, apple pie spice and apple cider in order to balance out all the cinnamon and add a bit more flavor."
"These biscuits have amazing flavor. The combination of savory and sweet is great. You certainly can taste both the apply goodness and the smoky bacon. A big hit."
"This had no flavor! Icky!"
"My family loves, loves, loves these slightly different biscuits. The salty and sweet are a perfect match. I love to serve these to company and watch their skepticism turn into delight when they bight into one for the first time."