Bacon and Potato Breakfast Strata Recipe
Recipe provided by Philadelphia® Cream Cheese
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Total: 3 Hours 25 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 3/4 pound small red potatoes (about 5), sliced
- 12 slices Oscar Mayer® Bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 cups French bread cubes (1/2 inch)
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups KRAFT® Shredded Triple Cheddar Cheese with a Touch of PHILADELPHIA®, divided
- 1 tub (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Chive & Onion Cheese Spread
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1. COOK potatoes and bacon in large skillet on medium heat 15 to 20 min. or until bacon is crisp and potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally; drain. Combine potato mixture, bread, broccoli and 1 cup shredded cheese; spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- 2. WHISK cream cheese spread, eggs and pepper in medium bowl until blended. Gradually whisk in milk; pour over bread mixture. (Bread cubes should be evenly moistened.) Cover. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- 3. HEAT oven to 375°F. Bake strata, covered, 40 to 45 min. or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese; bake, uncovered, 10 min. or until melted. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving equals 280 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC