Bacon and Pepper Pasta
Teri Rasey of Cadillac, Michigan serves this snappy combination as either a main dish or a side dish. It gets its fresh flavor and pretty color from onions, peppers and tomatoes.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 pound linguine or pasta of your choice, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted
- spoon and set aside; reserve drippings. Saute onions and garlic in
- drippings for 3 minutes. Add peppers; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Add bacon and mix well. Serve over
- pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 593 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 494 mg sodium, 102 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.