Bacon and Pepper Pasta Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 pound linguine or pasta of your choice, cooked and drained
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside; reserve drippings. Saute onions and garlic in drippings for 3 minutes. Add peppers; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Add bacon and mix well. Serve over pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 593 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 102g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 7g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Bacon and Pepper Pasta
"This was delicious and yes, fast and easy to put together. I will make this again! My husband and I topped ours with shredded parmesan cheese as well."
"fast and good!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.