Bacon and Pepper Pasta Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 pound linguine or pasta of your choice, cooked and drained
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside; reserve drippings. Saute onions and garlic in drippings for 3 minutes. Add peppers; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Add bacon and mix well. Serve over pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 593 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 494 mg sodium, 102 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Bacon and Pepper Pasta
"This was delicious and yes, fast and easy to put together. I will make this again! My husband and I topped ours with shredded parmesan cheese as well."
"fast and good!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.