Bacon and Pepper Pasta Recipe
Teri Rasey of Cadillac, Michigan serves this snappy combination as either a main dish or a side dish. It gets its fresh flavor and pretty color from onions, peppers and tomatoes.
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 pound linguine or pasta of your choice, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside; reserve drippings. Saute onions and garlic in drippings for 3 minutes. Add peppers; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Add bacon and mix well. Serve over pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bacon and Pepper Pasta in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p63
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Bacon and Pepper Pasta(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review