Teri Rasey of Cadillac, Michigan serves this snappy combination as either a main dish or a side dish. It gets its fresh flavor and pretty color from onions, peppers and tomatoes.
Recommended: 20 Cheeseburger-Inspired Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 pound linguine or pasta of your choice, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside; reserve drippings. Saute onions and garlic in drippings for 3 minutes. Add peppers; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Add bacon and mix well. Serve over pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bacon and Pepper Pasta in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p63
Reviews forBacon and Pepper Pasta
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2014
"This was delicious and yes, fast and easy to put together. I will make this again! My husband and I topped ours with shredded parmesan cheese as well."
Reviewed Oct. 6, 2009
"fast and good!"