Bacon and Macaroni Recipe
I've prepared this dish on the stovetop and in the microwave...either way, it's a down-home dinner that my husband can't resist. The blend of bacon and cheese is unbeatable.
- 14 bacon strips, diced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon; drain. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons parsley, sugar, garlic powder and pepper to drippings; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Stir in macaroni; heat through, stirring occasionally. Combine cheese and remaining parsley; sprinkle over casserole.
- 2. Microwave Directions: In a 2-qt. microwave-safe baking dish, heat bacon on high for 2-1/2 minutes; discard fat. Microwave on high 2-3 minutes more or until bacon is crisp. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings; stir in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons parsley, sugar, garlic powder and pepper.
- 3. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in macaroni; cover and cook on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Combine cheese and remaining parsley; sprinkle over casserole. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 307 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 597 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC