Bacon and Garlic Green Beans Recipe
- 6 thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 9 cups frozen french-style green beans, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain. In the same skillet, saute onion in butter and oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine; bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- 2. Add the green beans, salt, garlic powder and pepper; heat through. Stir in lemon juice and bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 176 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Bacon and Garlic Green Beans
"The perfect green bean recipe!"
"I halved the recipe and used wine AND a tiny bit of chicken bouillon. It was quite good. I will definitely make it again."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.