Bacon and Fontina Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
What's better than lots of bacon and cheese in a mushroom cap...yum. They'll be a hit with your guests too.—Tammy Rex, New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 24 large fresh mushrooms (about 1-1/4 pounds), stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients until blended. Arrange mushroom caps in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, stem side up. Spoon about 1 tablespoon filling into each.
- 2. Drizzle tops with oil. Bake, uncovered, 9-11 minutes or until golden brown and mushrooms are tender. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 stuffed mushroom equals 60 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC