Bacon and Fontina Stuffed Mushrooms
What's better than lots of bacon and cheese in a mushroom cap...yum. They'll be a hit with your guests too.Tammy Rex, New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 24 large fresh mushrooms (about 1-1/4 pounds), stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, mix the first six
- ingredients until blended. Arrange mushroom caps in a greased
- 15x10x1-in. baking pan, stem side up. Spoon about 1 tablespoon
- filling into each.
- Drizzle tops with oil. Bake, uncovered, 9-11 minutes or until golden
- brown and mushrooms are tender. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed mushroom equals 60 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.