- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 24 large fresh mushrooms (about 1-1/4 pounds), stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients until blended. Arrange mushroom caps in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, stem side up. Spoon about 1 tablespoon filling into each.
- Drizzle tops with oil. Bake, uncovered, 9-11 minutes or until golden brown and mushrooms are tender. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Bacon and Fontina Stuffed Mushrooms
"Perfect as is."
"Made these for Thanksgiving. Gone before I noticed. ! Wonderful combo of bacon and fontina cheese. !"
"I served these at a luncheon. Every lady wanted the recipe. They were delicious and I wouldn't change a thing."
"Absolutely delicious! I have been looking for a perfect stuffed mushroom recipe, and I think I have found my GO TO for stuffed mushrooms! I love the fact that there is no stuffing in this recipe. That usually takes over the flavor, and texture. I did have to substitute shredded gouda cheese for the fontina. And, I used 3 teaspoons of dried parsley, as I did not have fresh. I also lightly salted the mushrooms. Love this recipe!"