- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 24 large fresh mushrooms (about 1-1/4 pounds), stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients until blended. Arrange mushroom caps in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, stem side up. Spoon about 1 tablespoon filling into each.
- Drizzle tops with oil. Bake, uncovered, 9-11 minutes or until golden brown and mushrooms are tender. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Bacon and Fontina Stuffed Mushrooms
"Perfect as is."
"Made these for thanksgiving and just got told to bring them for Christmas! So delicious, no flavor overpowers the other."
"Made these for Thanksgiving. Gone before I noticed. ! Wonderful combo of bacon and fontina cheese. !"
"I served these at a luncheon. Every lady wanted the recipe. They were delicious and I wouldn't change a thing."
"Absolutely delicious! I have been looking for a perfect stuffed mushroom recipe, and I think I have found my GO TO for stuffed mushrooms! I love the fact that there is no stuffing in this recipe. That usually takes over the flavor, and texture. I did have to substitute shredded gouda cheese for the fontina. And, I used 3 teaspoons of dried parsley, as I did not have fresh. I also lightly salted the mushrooms. Love this recipe!"