Because it requires so little time to prepare and is such a great hit with family and friends alike, this is a favorite of mine to make for brunches. Served with a fruit salad, hot muffins and croissants, it's excellent for an after-church brunch. —Deanna Durward-Orr, Windsor, Ontario
- 4 bacon strips
- 18 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towel to drain.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, cheese, sour cream, onions, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Crumble bacon and sprinkle on top. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Bacon and Eggs Casserole in Country Woman March/April 1995, p29
Reviews for Bacon and Eggs Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review