Bacon and Eggs Casserole
Because it requires so little time to prepare and is such a great hit with family and friends alike, this is a favorite of mine to make for brunches. Served with a fruit salad, hot muffins and croissants, it's excellent for an after-church brunch. —Deanna Durward-Orr, Windsor, Ontario
8-10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 bacon strips
- 18 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove
- to paper towel to drain.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, cheese, sour cream, onions,
- salt and pepper.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Crumble bacon and
- sprinkle on top. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or
- until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for
- 5 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 289 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 420 mg cholesterol, 508 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.