Bacon and Eggs Brunch
This dish is perfect to serve guests because the eggs and Canadian bacon bake at the same time.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 12 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 3/4 pound Canadian bacon, cut into 12 slices
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Melt butter in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish in a 325° oven; tilt
- to coat bottom and sides. In a bowl, beat eggs, sour cream, milk and
- salt. Stir in onions. Pour into baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 30
- minutes or just until eggs are set. Place bacon in an 8-in. square
- baking dish. Pour syrup over. Cover and bake for 15 minutes or until
- heated through. Cut egg dish into squares and arrange on platter
- with Canadian bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 337 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 472 mg cholesterol, 1,132 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.