“My husband and I often enjoy these simple but special sandwiches for dinner,” writes Esther Danielson from Lake Arrowhead, California. “Add a bowl of soup, side salad or carrot and celery sticks for a nourishing, full-size meal!”
Recommended: Our Best Bacon Recipes
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- 2 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the bacon, mayonnaise, mustard and capers. Add eggs; stir gently to combine. Spread over two slices of bread; top with lettuce and remaining bread. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Bacon 'n' Egg Salad Sandwiches in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p61
Reviews for Bacon and Egg Salad Sandwich
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2009
"This recipe is amazing and so much better than the average egg salad sandwich. My husband absolutely loved it and I will be making this from now on. Thanks.D. Ramsey, Northumberland, PA"