Bacon and Cheese Waffles
Pancake mix gives a jump-start to this hearty hurry-up breakfast from MarGenne Rowley of Oasis, Utah. "Including bacon and cheese in the waffle batter makes an all-in-one breakfast flavor," she assures. Freeze extras to reheat another day.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups pancake or Bisquick® mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 6 to 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place pancake mix in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk the egg
- milk, sour cream and butter. Stir into pancake mix until blended.
- Fold in bacon and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's
- directions until golden brown. Yield: 12 waffles (4-inch square).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 370 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 773 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.