Pancake mix gives a jump-start to this hearty hurry-up breakfast from MarGenne Rowley of Oasis, Utah. "Including bacon and cheese in the waffle batter makes an all-in-one breakfast flavor," she assures. Freeze extras to reheat another day.
- 2 cups pancake or biscuit/baking mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 6 to 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place pancake mix in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk the egg milk, sour cream and butter. Stir into pancake mix until blended. Fold in bacon and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Yield: 12 waffles (4-inch square).
Originally published as Bacon and Cheese Waffles in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p17
Reviews for Bacon and Cheese Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review