Bacon and Cheese Waffles Recipe
Pancake mix gives a jump-start to this hearty hurry-up breakfast from MarGenne Rowley of Oasis, Utah. "Including bacon and cheese in the waffle batter makes an all-in-one breakfast flavor," she assures. Freeze extras to reheat another day.
- 2 cups pancake or biscuit/baking mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 6 to 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place pancake mix in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk the egg milk, sour cream and butter. Stir into pancake mix until blended. Fold in bacon and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Yield: 12 waffles (4-inch square).
Originally published as Bacon and Cheese Waffles in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p17
Reviews for Bacon and Cheese Waffles(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 4, 2012
One of the BEST recipes ever. My kids ask for this one all the time...so does my hubby! Great to make in advance and heat up as needed for a quick breakfast during the busy week.