- 2 cups pancake or biscuit/baking mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 6 to 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place pancake mix in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk the egg milk, sour cream and butter. Stir into pancake mix until blended. Fold in bacon and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Yield: 12 waffles (4-inch square).
Reviews for Bacon and Cheese Waffles
"Good flavor! However, I substituted two cups whole milk for the 1 cup 2% milk and 1 cup sour cream. I used 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, I used cooking spray on my non-stick waffle iron and it did not stick to it. But the bacon bits add zip to the dish."
"There is a restaurant in the town where I live that has been making these for as long as they have been in business - well over 30 years. And I make them too. I have found that using sliced cheese works better for me. When I use shredded cheese it tends to stick to the waffle iron - even using cooking spray. These are wonderful!"
"Excellent taste using nothing more than biscuit mix or any other pancake mix. The addition of sour cream makes these just a bit tangy much like buttermilk pancakes. The amount of bacon was spot on. The cheddar amount was good, but I'll reduce it down to 2/3 C next time. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe."
"One of the BEST recipes ever. My kids ask for this one all the time...so does my hubby! Great to make in advance and heat up as needed for a quick breakfast during the busy week."