Bacon and Cheese Muffins Recipe
Full of savory flavor, these from-scratch muffins are ready in no time. Jeanne Alexander of Qualicum Beach, British Columbia enjoys them alongside scrambled eggs for breakfast.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2-1/3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and cayenne. Stir in 2 cups cheese and bacon. In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk and butter. Stir into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 232 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Bacon and Cheese Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC