Bacon and Cheese Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Roll pastry to fit a 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 425° for 5 minutes. Sprinkle bacon and cheese evenly over crust.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sour cream and parsley until smooth; pour over pizza. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until pizza is puffy and lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 595 calories, 40g fat (21g saturated fat), 248mg cholesterol, 1509mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Bacon and Cheese Breakfast Pizza
"Delicious & easy to make! Been a family favorite since TOH published it in Oct. 1993. My kids who are still at home still request it! Don't change a thing."
"so good & so simple"
"I think the problem I see with what the earlier review said, I would use Cheddar or Mozz. Cheese, as bacon and swiss just doesn't seem to compliment one another's flavors. I am going to try adding scrabbled eggs as well. I will bake the crust first, then put the eggs, bacon (or sausage) with cheese on top. I think it would be good. I going to make this tonight, will let you know."
"Nothing like I expected. It was easy and quick to make, I just did not like the taste at all. My kids scraped the eggs off the top and ate them with ketchup."
"This WILL be on our breakfast table this Saturday morning. I'll make one with bacon, and one with sausage! YUM!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.