Bacon and Cheese Breakfast Pizza
An area fire fighter shared this recipe with me. It's good for breakfast and even a light dinner. As a busy college student, I'm a big fan of this easy recipe.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Roll pastry to fit a 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 425° for 5
- minutes. Sprinkle bacon and cheese evenly over crust.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sour cream and parsley until smooth; pour
- over pizza. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until pizza is puffy and
- lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 595 calories, 40 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 248 mg cholesterol, 1,509 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.