Bacon and Asparagus Frittata
Especially during the summertime, this makes a nice light meal. When I prepare it for guests, I'll also serve rice and bread—it's quick and easy, but it always wins me many compliments!
I'm a homemaker with two small children, and cooking's one of my favorite hobbies.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook:25 min.
- 12 ounces bacon
- 2 cups sliced fresh asparagus (cut in 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In a
- 9-in. or 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat reserved drippings on
- medium-high. Add asparagus, onion and garlic; saute until onion is
- tender. Crumble bacon and set aside about a third for the topping.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining bacon, eggs, parsley, salt and
- pepper. Pour egg mixture into skillet; stir. Top with tomato slices,
- cheese and remaining bacon. Cover and cook over medium-low for 10-15
- minutes or until eggs are nearly set. Preheat broiler; place skillet
- 6 in. from heat for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 542 calories, 47 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 414 mg cholesterol, 775 mg sodium,