Bacon and Asparagus Frittata Recipe
- 12 ounces bacon
- 2 cups sliced fresh asparagus (cut in 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In a 9-in. or 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat reserved drippings on medium-high. Add asparagus, onion and garlic; saute until onion is tender. Crumble bacon and set aside about a third for the topping. In a large bowl, combine remaining bacon, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into skillet; stir. Top with tomato slices, cheese and remaining bacon. Cover and cook over medium-low for 10-15 minutes or until eggs are nearly set. Preheat broiler; place skillet 6 in. from heat for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 542 calories, 47g fat (19g saturated fat), 414mg cholesterol, 775mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Bacon and Asparagus Frittata
"Delicious. Just what I wanted. I followed the recipe closely but added sauteed red pepper and jalepeno for a kick."