Especially during the summertime, this makes a nice light meal. When I prepare it for guests, I'll also serve rice and bread—it's quick and easy, but it always wins me many compliments! I'm a homemaker with two small children, and cooking's one of my favorite hobbies.
Featured In: 26 Ways to Eat Asparagus This Spring
- 12 ounces Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- 2 cups sliced fresh asparagus (cut in 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In a 9-in. or 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat reserved drippings on medium-high. Add asparagus, onion and garlic; saute until onion is tender. Crumble bacon and set aside about a third for the topping. In a large bowl, combine remaining bacon, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into skillet; stir. Top with tomato slices, cheese and remaining bacon. Cover and cook over medium-low for 10-15 minutes or until eggs are nearly set. Preheat broiler; place skillet 6 in. from heat for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bacon and Asparagus Frittata in Country Woman March/April 1991, p33
Reviews for Bacon and Asparagus Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 6, 2015
"Delicious. Just what I wanted. I followed the recipe closely but added sauteed red pepper and jalepeno for a kick."